It hurts to let go, but sometimes it hurts more to hold on.
Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.
Questions for Small Group Study
Chapter 24 – Value
- Read the quote in the middle of page 231 (from an unknown source). Discuss it. What does it mean when it states that, “It hurts to let go, but sometimes it hurts more to hang on.“ What does this mean? In what way do you need to release certain things?
- The author describes having to give up lots of things. Have you ever experienced something like that? In what way?
- On the bottom of page 235, the author cites Job 1:21. What does it teach about the essence of life?
- Review Philippians 3:8. How did Paul value things?
- Review Matthew 6:19-21 on page 236 and 237. Discuss that. How is that Scripture relevant to you right now?
- Go to page 237 and read aloud the personal declaration.