I thank God for the mountains, and I thank Him for the valleys, I thank Him for the storms He brought me through. For if I’ d never had a problem, I wouldn’t know God could solve them, I’ d never know what faith in God could do.
The hilltop hour would not be half so wonderful if there were no dark valleys to traverse.
God doesn’t break things so He can fix them; He fixes broken things so He can use them.
Questions for Small Group Study
Chapter 26 – Restoration
- Read the song by Andrae Crouch on page 253. Have you ever felt like Andrae did, that God will see you through it all even in the midst of the deepest challenges of life? Describe it.
- Review the story of David at the city of Ziklag in 1 Samuel chapter 30:3–4 What was David’s response? Have you ever felt like that?
- Continue to read on to 1 Samuel 30:8. In the first part of the verse, David inquired of the Lord. What is that teaching you to do in those hard moments?
- Read 1 Samuel 30:18–20. What does it say? That they would “recover everything.” Is that possible? How does that encourage you right now in what you’re going through?
- On page 262, read Joel 2:25a, 26b. What does it mean to you? How do those verses encourage you?
- Go to page 262 and read aloud the personal declaration.