It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.
Beginning well is a momentary thing; finishing well is a lifelong thing.
Nothing shapes your life more than the commitments you choose to make.
The first time I saw you was like a dream come true. No I didn’t give you the gift of life. Life gave me the gift of you.
Questions for Small Group Study
Chapter 15 – Completion
- Describe how you felt when you have worked at a task for a very long time and finally completed it. Describe how you felt when you had a task consume a lot of time, but you never got it done. What is the difference between the two?
- Read Numbers 30:2. What does it say about finishing a task?
- Read Psalm 15:4. What is it say about making a rash promise, that one might not be able to fulfill?
- How did God model completion? Consider the first six days of creation.
- Read Philippians 1:6. What does it say about completion?
- Jesus modeled completion when he was able to say, “It is finished” in John 19:30.
- Pray for each other to be able to finish the work that God has called you to.
- Go to page 154 and read out loud the personal declaration.