The person who loves their dream of community will destroy community, but the person who loves those around them will create community.
Our relationship with each other is the criterion the world uses to judge whether our message is truthful— Christian community is the final apologetic.
Questions for Small Group Study
Chapter 2 – Community
- What is your understanding or definition of the word “community?”
- To what extent are you experiencing it or not experiencing it?
- Read Acts 2:44-45, concerning the closeness the early church experienced. Have your ever longed for that type of community? Are you experiencing it?
- What are the lessons we learn from Act 2:44-45? Is it realistic for today’s world? If yes, how? If not, why not?
- What is the warning in Isaiah 5:8 as it relates to the issue of community?
- On page 18, read out loud the personal declaration.