Nothing is more pathetic than having a small character in a big assignment. Many of us don’t want to give attention to our character; we just want the big assignment from God.
Your reputation is what people say about you. Your character is what God and your wife know about you.
Questions for Small Group Study
Chapter 6. Character
- Author Jim Garlow told the story of “rogueing the milo” (a farm expression). What is a story from your life that might be similar to that? What is some experience that stretched you to your very limits, perhaps when you were in elementary school or high school or college age?
- Give an example when you really wanted badly to quit, but you kept going and you have no regrets that you continued.
- If you feel comfortable talking about it, give an example of a time you did quit – and later regretted it.
- How does God help us in those moments when we feel we are at the end of ourselves? What does He do for us? What has been your experience?
- Go to page 52 and declare out loud the personal declaration.